Monday, February 12, 2007
I was recently reminded about test conclusions, posted last May by those wonderful people at Marketing Experiments, on the subject of Website headlines.
Their conclusions pretty much sum up what most copywriters will tell you about your Website--
- Your Landing Page absolutely must have a headline.
- The more specific your headline, the better your results.
- Properly optimizing your headline will produce the best results.
The report is a quick read, so you've got no excuse for not reading it. Especially when you read how their findings showed that optimizing the headline on a Web page could produce an increase in the Website's conversion rate in excess of 73%.
I'm frequently amazed at how many Website's don't even bother to have a headline on the page, much less one that is written to attract attention and keep the visitor on the site.
Let's face it, when you're seeking prospects on the Web, don't you want to do everyting you possibly can to not only attract them to your site, but turn them into customers? Of course you do.
So, read the report, and then do one of two things--
- work on creating a compelling, optimized headline for your site, or
- give us a call here at Zunch, and put us to work on creating a prospect-grabbing headline for you.
And if you think you've got a particularly challenging headline to create, just tell them you want me to work on it for you. I love a good challenge.